Sunday 6 May 2012

Quarter Life Crisis

I have a knack for surrounding myself with extremely talented people.
It's not that I resent them for this, I'm very proud of them.
Take for example my good friend from University, who I know reads this blog so will probably know it's him I'm talking about.
Not only does he have a thriving social life, he also (although through occasional bouts of insomnia) achieves at least an A in the majority of his coursework and is probably gonna do extremely well in his exams.
I do not have this talent. 
I'd much rather be at home with my boyfriend watching Bridget Jones' Diary.
Apparently my body and my mind appreciate sleep and biscuits more than all nighters in The Bedford Library.
Because of this, I have never excelled academically. Basically, I'm far too lazy.

My brother referees for U18s at the weekend. He's very good at it and earns good money doing it.
 I am not keen on organised sports.
My CV is sadly lacking in terms of Extra Curriculars.
I was once on the Hockey Team and have been known to spend an hour or so talking to kids with learning difficulties, but since leaving sixth form I've done exactly none.
I once joined a gym, but the prospect of exhausting myself on purpose in the pursuit of the perfect body did not appeal. 

My boyfriend Myles is a guitar teacher, performer and all round musical know it all. He's one of the most talented people I know. I did learn piano for a while and even took some grades but it's not something I would say I was particularly good at. I know if I tried I could probably do well at it, but as I mentioned above, I'm basically a massive slacker.

Graduating in just under a year has sent me in to what I have been told is called a quarter life crisis.
I've come to the conclusion that what I'm good at is procrastinating, bullshitting my way through exams and writing blogs in a convoluted way that gives the illusion of intelligence. Actually all it is is a fairly extensive vocabulary and a spell checker.

Here's a video of a dog in shoes.


P.S. I've changed the settings so non blogspot members can comment so knock yourselves out!

No comments:

Post a Comment